Saturday, March 22, 2014

Gilding

 
In light of the tragic events of my flame stencil, I decided to go with something a bit more understated for the stairs. I have a big poster of paris hanging at the top of the stairs, so I decided to go with a frenchy theme and add some gold fleur de lis.
 
 
I'm also painting the side boards and railings with the same gold. It's Martha Stewart's Tiger's Eye, and I can't find a good link to show it.  It turns out, this isn't a huge change, but it does at some shimmer. And shimmer is my second favourite colour after sparkly.

 
I picked this one, because it was the fanciest in the pack, but now that I see the pictures, it reminds me of a bantha skull or those robots from He-Man that look like a model of the female reproductive system (which I am not linking, find your old health books and look it up yourself).
 
 
Go ahead, tell me those robot claws have never held ovaries!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment