Sunday, May 11, 2014

Back to the grind

The Supervisor has been taking a break while he waited for me to finish school and get back to work. He has made a fine nest of dropclothes and he thanks you for admiring it.


My semester crashed and burned this week, culminating in an exam for which I was completely unprepared thanks to the instructors who hadn't bothered correctly updating material. It was a disappointing introduction to my term break. This means that although I ended on a down note, I'm done with exams until some time in August and can spend some time on other things.

Since my favourite playmates are off killing zombies, fighting gravity, surveying for siliclastic ore and engaging in global thermonuclear warfare, I suddenly find myself with tons of time to work on the living room floor.



I've decided to do two passes of each 40 and 80 grit, and probably roughly a million of 120. This may be overkill, but it makes it fairly easy to figure out how much time I'll be spending sanding. I've broken the hallway and living room up into 5 sections, I can sand roughly one section an hour, so it'll be about 30-32 hours worth of work until I'm ready to start filling gaps (after 2 passes of 120), and then probably another 30 after that, since once the gaps are filled I can't use the belt sander. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get it done by the end of June. I miss having a living room, the Supervisor misses having a couch, and I'd love to try out the new AC, which is currently still under wraps.

And now, says the Supervisor, "GET BACK TO WORK!! WHY IS THIS CAULK HERE!! I AM HUNGRY!! PUT FOOD IN MY MOUTH!! MY MOUTH IS THE PART MAKING NOISE!! WHERE FOOD GOES!! I LIKE TRACY JORDAN!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment