Friday, August 9, 2013

Comeback

I retired as a professional nail pounder at the height of my career, which was sometime around the age of 8. My mother's family owned a hardware store, and family weekends often meant spending time at the local hardware shows, where I would enter all of the nail pounding competitions. And while I often swept the 8-year old girl bracket, it seemed best to go out on top.

Today I have staged a comeback. My father offered to lend me his air compressor/nail gun, but I find it loud and obnoxious and am pretty sure I would wind up with some sort of stigmata-ish incident. So instead I opted to pound in a million finishing nails by hand.

An hour of angry girl music and some touch up paint later, and the ugly carpet pieces are covered. (Thank you, the Dresden Dolls!)

 
The moulding matches to the grey on the floor, and gives it a nice frame. I'm happy with it, overall. Other than a few finishing touches, the room is mostly done except for the closet, which is waaaay down on my project list now that the bathroom and hallway have to be redone. Pretty sure it'll involve tentacles though. Anyone know how to draw a spider leg? 

No comments:

Post a Comment