Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Subterranean post-inspection blues

Ok, it's been kinda a busy time lately.

The clownroom remains at 90% completion, it's awating its moldings right now, which are currently drying from their final coat of paint. Hopefully they'll go up later this week. Overall the floor is holding up well, and not as slippery as it was.


The insurance inspector came by for the post-poopstorm inspection, and we found out that water had indeed gotten beneath the vanity. this means the whole floor has to be ripped up in there, as well as in the hallway. The insurance is going to pay to replace all the carpet in the house. I am going to replace most of it with painting. Hooray!

I don't have may good before pictures of the bathroom before we tore out the vanity, but I have a few from before I moved in that show almost nothing.
 Seriously, I can't even figure out why I took these pictures.

So here is the start of the after photos. My dad came in and took out the vanity and the particle board floor, and we cut some under-tile-floor-crap so that I can tile. 

 
 
It needs screws every six inches, so I've been working on that. My cordless drill will put in about 3 before the batteries die, so this is either going to be a long process or I am going to borrow a good, old-fashioned drill with a cord. 
 
 
 
This will be the second bathroom we've redone in this house in the last two years. Hopefully this one will go faster than the last, there's less plumbing/electric/walls to do. I'll post pics of the other one this week while I'm slowly screwing in the floor.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment