Friday, August 23, 2013

Tiles

The walls are all painted now, and I'm working on a tile layout. Now that I can see the tile up against the color of the walls instead of just a paint chip, I'm not wild about the combination. The tiles wind up being a much warmer colour of grey than the walls, which look like more of a slate blue.
 
I'm not sure if I can get used to the combo, or if I'll need to go on another tile search. 

 
The other vote in favor of returning these tiles in favor of other ones is the layout. I measured incorrectly when I went to get the tiles, and forgot that the bathtub was set back 2 inches from the closet, so I'll either have to cut more tiles, or figure out how to be creative with the smaller mosaic tiles.
 

The paint is looking decidedly nautical with the white and khaki tile in the shower. Maybe I'll hang anchors and stars everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment