Sunday, November 10, 2013

Yipes! (Moar) Stripes!

In my rush to finish, apparently I missed taking pictures of the floor when I first painted it. But it is now definitely blackish. I decided to leave a foot wide border around the room, and stencil in the center, which required drawing a lot of lines and putting down a lot of tape.
 
 
I'm going for a double line here. I decided to try out some of 3M's competitor to Frog Tape to see if it works. It's about half the price, and it could be a disaster... here's hoping it works.

 
Once I got things all taped out, I painted them with the Navy Blue porch paint.

 
The border makes a big square, I'll be filling in with stencil. I picked this stencil for it.

 
I took up the tape while the blue paint was still wet, which I think helped with the crispness of the lines. There is definitely some bleed through with the 3M tape, but from a distance it doesn't show up much. (90% of the room will be covered, 90% of the room will be covered...)



No comments:

Post a Comment