Wednesday, February 26, 2014

More stupid filler

So close to being done with the stairs! I wasn't totally wild about the way the filler had left the flakeboard, so after wrestling with myself, I finally decided to do another coat of it. I tried to convince myself that the texture would "add character", "add traction" and "add visual interest", but in reality its just driving me crazy. So even though I've been through crazy amounts of wood filler already, I'm adding another coat, which adds sanding. I had hoped to be done with the stairs to paint them this weekend, but it looks like there's another week of dust coming.

 
I did every other stairs so that I could still get up them when I was done. This was a lesson I learned from the first time, when I wound up leaving foot prints thanks to poor planning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment