Thursday, February 9, 2023

Breezes and Bites and Bits of Bonaire

The Thursday ritual here is going to Burger Night at one of the local restaurants. As with most restaurants here, the majority of the dining space is outside. It doesn't rain very often (though it has on this visit for me). Our reservation was around sunset, which made for pretty pictures, but dining al fresco when it is sunny isn't the best for my skintone. 





On the way home from burgers, I did my best to snap some photos of downtown Kralendijk, the "big" city here. Since I was on the ocean side, I mostly got pictures of the sea and setting sun instead. I did manage to grab one of the "flipflop tree." I have no explanation as to why, but this tree is always covered in what my aussie friend Nesh would call "thongs and double pluggers."








1 comment: