Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Sunset

For Valentine's day, a food truck came to visit and the local community had a small dance party in the area in front of the beach next door. It was a chance for the homeowners to get to know each other socially, and not of a lot of interest to me. Again, I suspect I was the youngest person there, so I spent my time hiding behind my camera and taking pictures of the beach and sea. 

The party started about an hour before sunset, so I took a lot of photos while we waited for food. Prior to sunset, I mostly took photos of palm trees and birds. 













Next door, there is an abandoned hotel that was never finished. I've written about it before here and here on previous visits and should be visiting it in the next few days for more photos. 


A group of flamingos (which my mother assures me is called a "flamboyance") flew over the party, but were a little too far away for the lens I was using. I assure you, those tiny black dots are pink. 



I tracked a few egrets fishing on the beach while everyone was watching flamingos. 









We returned to our yard to eat the food from the food truck that visited. As we were finishing up, and the sun finished setting we spotted some wild donkeys. My mother ran out to feed them lettuce in the pitch dark. Naturally the donkeys then began chasing us. If you've made it this far in the blog, please enjoy the Night of the Living Donkeys.


No comments:

Post a Comment