Wednesday, July 10, 2013

detapeage

There was something immensely satisfying about pulling up the tape today, I'm not sure if that's because I'm seeing the design come together, or because I really like the feel of pulling off band-aids.

I had really low expectations for the Frog Tape, and figured on doing a lot of fixing, but it worked much better than I expected of a product that advertises during daytime TV.  There are only five or six spots where the paint bled through it, and that's was mostly because of poor application in the corners and letting the tape run up the bookcase in a few spots. I think it should be relatively easy to spot-fix with a fine brush. I left the tape in the center so that I can find the center of the circle more easily and without mathing when I go to paint the cotton candy design.

 
Overall, the lines came out really crisply and I like the way they look. Here's a close-up:

 
 
You can see in the closeup one of the many fuzz-bumps generated by random crap getting onto the floor and into the paint. I have more extra paint that I expected, so I may go back and try to sand some of these down before putting on the sealer.
 
The next step is to tackle the cotton candy design. I had offered a friend tacos in exchange for drawing it, but he's busy this week, so I am going to have to try to figure out how to transfer it. My drawling talent maxes out somewhere between straight line and stick figure. If anyone knows a seattle-area artist willing to work for tacos, let me know. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment