Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Second coat, whee.

I spent the last two days putting the second coat on the pink and blue. It looks like its going to need a third coat to keep the grey from bleeding through. I thought it might be a cool effect, to look olde fashionede but i'm not in love with it now.

Tomorrow I'm going to use a small foam roller to put on the third coat. I should just barely have enough paint for a third coat and then a few touch ups. Right now, I'm having issues with dust and gunk getting in the paint, through a combination of tracking them into the room and from the carpet along the edges. I think i'll wind up with a few random lumps and catches, if the poly doesn't manage to level them out somehow.

If I was doing this again, I'd make sure the hallway going into this room wasn't full of the contents of the room and could be vacuumed every day to keep down the stuff blowing in from that direction. Some of the gunk is also coming from my face, since I managed to catch a cold at some point in the last week. There is nothing as fun as a summertime cold, and I am tired of spitting up more green junk than Linda Blair. Hopefully it is not the Clown's revenge for changing their room.

No comments:

Post a Comment