Friday, July 12, 2013

New Black City

I did a second coat of the pink last night, mixing the porch paint (lighter pink) with the interior paint (bright pink). It didn't explode, so I think it will do OK. I intentionally didn't mix it much so that I could get some stripes of the darker color mixed in. I call the color Princess Fluffypants Pink, and I mixed it myself, yo.

 
I also noticed that at this angle, it kinda looks like a unicorn version of Meatwad. Maybe they can date or something.
 
This morning I started on the black outline, using Valspar Interior Satin in New Black. I picked this black from the kertrillion blacks they have sort of at random because I was in a hurry and the name made me laugh, but I was pleased to find after I got the sample mixed that it's in a magenta base. It looks a bit like one of Bruce Vilanch shirts from the old Hollywood squares, and it won't do anything to dissuade my friend James from calling this the LSD room.
 

 




No matter how much I shook and stirred it today, I couldn't get all of the magenta to mix in, so I'm going with it As Is.

It goes on looking black though, so that's a bonus. As a non-artist, My main goal with this cotton candy was for it to not look like something that would be featured on Regretsy. i'm not entirely sure I succeeded, I really don't like what I did with the cone in particular. I'm going to try to patch it up a bit on the second coat of black, and do the lines inside the cotton candy when the outside has dried. As you can see next to my foot, I managed to drop a brush onto the previously mostly-finished pink section, so now I have to fix that as well.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment