Sunday, September 15, 2013

Yipes, Stripes!

Ok, so I stayed up most of the night working on the bathroom in order to be finished before a parental visitation this morning.  I also wanted to get it as done as I could, so that I can celebrate my birthday next week without worrying about working on the bathroom.
 
The first order of business was the moulding and window sill. They were this ugly yellowy color, and it was driving me a little crazy. So I decided to use the dark color from my kitchen and repaint them. The door frame still looks a little funky, but i'm ok with it for the most part. 
 
 
 
Also on the menu, respraying the drawer pieces every hour. as it turns out, I didn't think of wearing gloves until after the third or fourth coat... it kinda looks like I shanked the Kool-Aid man on an orange-flavoured day. 

 
 
All that's left at this point is to rehang the closet drawer, which means drilling through the tile, and curtains. Here's some pics of the finishedish product. I wound up with a lot more stripes than expected, but I'm ok with that. 






 
This afternoon I decided to throw together some curtains. I used a shower curtain I picked up at Bloodbath & Beyond on clearance and cut it up. The hem length isn't final, but I haven't decided how long to make them yet, so I left it there. I may add some orange ribbon or something to brighten them up. They also have vertical stripes, which is hard to see in the pic. 

 
 
All that's left to do is move the kitty litter back in. I might wait a while, becasue i know they're going to make a huge mess, though there's a special kitty litter area to the right of the sink now, so it'll be like they get their own stall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment