Friday, July 11, 2014

Ice Cream for Breakfast!!

its my penultimate island day and we are running around again. 

We went downtown this morning. Apparently it rained last night which in combination with the sun makes for oppressive mugginess and mud puddles.



we visited Cultimara the old supermarket, which was the only one on the islane when my parents started coming here. 


it is big and mostly open, apart from a cold section where anything that might spoil is kept. a small fan keeps the temperature down in the rest. My mother poses for scale.


There are a lot of rules downtown. As there are so many languages spoken around here it is easier to use pictures. No emo beach boys, happy cats, or dogs allowed in this store.


The bank has a more extensive list of outlawed items. Id never get in, the only thing on the list i dont usually have on is the baseball hat. 


No idea what this one means. it was next to some shops. Toilet for disfigured women only?


We got gelato at ten AM, which is something of a coup in my family. I high fived six year-old me. 


I got Bubbly (bubblegum) and Stracciatella (chocolate flake). They put a nice bubblegum pig on it for me. my mother tasted it before I could get my camera out to take a picture. Now I will never be famous on instagram.















1 comment: